Saturday, October 24, 2015

Seikyo: Japanese Convenience Store - Matcha Edition



My daydreams of a Japan trip brought us to Little Tokyo, Makati. We arrived a little early to get a good parking spot. While waiting for the restaurants to open, we first checked Seikyo for some Japanese goodies. The store features many Japanese items. Most of which are priced at 80 pesos each. Also saw a number of Japanese people visit the shop. For my first post about this, here are the matcha-based items I got.


Glico - Matcha Milk Drink
The sweetest among the three items for me. The straw that came with this was extendable and bendable. I was not able to take a solo photo of this one - it was a hot day and I was really thirsty. :)

Dars - Uji Matcha Dark Chocolate


This one has the strongest matcha taste among the three. Thick matcha filling wrapped in chocolate - you can clearly see that the filling is thicker than the coating.

Alfort - Matcha


My favorite in the matcha goodies I bought. We actually found this item at the other store, Yamazaki Bento, which also serves ramen and meals.

It has the right matcha and sweetness. It looks like a normal piece of matcha flavored chocolate but that's just what you see at top view. It actually is a chocolate biscuit covered with an herby-milky-matcha. The biscuit itself is not sweet, yet very chocolate-y to mix with the milky sweet matcha on top.

I'm not sure what happened to my phone camera since almost all of the photos I took that day were quite blurry. :|


Items bought at: Seikyo, Little Tokyo, Makati and Yamazaki Bento, Little Tokyo, Makati



Like us on Facebook!






1 comment :

  1. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete