Friday, May 22, 2015

Chewy Junior: Cream-filled Dessert



For an alternative dessert, we went to Chewy Junior to have some chewy cream-filled goodies.



My gastronomer friend had the New York Cheesecake. This one is vanilla cream filled with a creamy cheesy topping. It is also covered with cheesecake-crust-like powder.


I ordered the Java Chip Cookie that was covered with chocolate and topped with cream plus half an Oreo. As the name suggests, it has coffee cream filling. On my first bite, I got chocolate and cream on my face - a sweet mess I had to clean. This did not stop me from finishing the whole thing.

The consistency of the bread is similar to a Japanese doughnut - chewy. The creaminess comes from the filling while toppings determine the flavor. So if you have cheese toppings, you ought to get some saltiness. While if you have chocolate based toppings, you get more sweetness. These are perfect for snack time, dessert time, or for any time you need a little chewy-creamy fix.

Branch visited located at: 2nd floor, Entertainment Mall, Mall of Asia, Pasay City




No comments :

Post a Comment