Friday, July 31, 2015

Rita's Italian Ice: Italian Day Out (Dessert)



Here's part 2 of our Italian themed food trip. After Mama Lou's, we went to Rita's to get some Italian ice goodness. A long line greeted us. The place was quite small, just enough space to line up and make your order.


Waiting in line, we saw some orders being prepared.



There were a lot of choices of flavored ice.

Our orders! Two orders of gelati - Italian ice topped with custard.

My friend got the cherry flavored ice and vanilla custard. The cherry ice had a hint of sour and some pieces of crushed cherries. Creamy custard completed this gelati.


I wanted to get the cookie dough ice but they already ran out so I got this marshmallow peanut butter ice. For my custard, I chose a mix of light vanilla and coffee in an effort to neutralize the sweet ice. Indeed the ice was sweet, as if I was drinking peanut butter s'mores! The light vanilla was a little less creamy and sweet compared to its original vanilla counterpart. The coffee was not too sweet as well but still just as creamy.


Branch visited located at: UP Town center, Quezon City

No comments :

Post a Comment