Friday, February 5, 2016

Home Baking Series: Choco Walnut Cake




There was an abundance of Buy 1 Take 1 Tesco branded baking mixes last holiday season so I took the opportunity to try out some of the items and practice baking a little. This February, let me share to you my home baking adventures.


For my first trial, I used a Chocolate Sponge Cake mix. You only need 2 eggs and some tablespoons of water and the mix is ready (quantity and preparation instructions are indicated on the packaging).


Of course I had to put toppings. For this one, a generous amount of walnuts and dark chocolate chunks did the trick. I used chopped Goya Dark Chocolate Buttons and unseasoned walnuts from Dough-it-all.



Since I used a pretty wide square pan, the finished product resembled brownies in size and shape, but had the fluffy, airy quality of a sponge cake. The cake itself was not that sweet. You can go ahead and add icing on top if you want something more sugary.

It was easy to prepare. Mix it, add toppings, then bake - you are done.

Not bad for my first try, right? Sadly, I don't have photos of the ingredients nor the preparation stage for the baking series. But I'll try to recall the procedures and ingredients used for the rest of the posts. Everything I did was quite simple and easy to make.


More DIY baked goodies to follow this month of February!




Like us on Facebook!

3 comments :

  1. Nagbabake ka din pala Ria!! Mukhang masarap yan ah! 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nagbabake ka din pala Ria!! Mukhang masarap yan ah! 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Recently lang! :) Experimental stage haha

    ReplyDelete